Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to save the Current Excel file to FTP server

Dear Expert,
How to save the Current Excel file to FTP server (must use VBA Coding)

I have tried many ways but it seem cannot work through.....

Tried #1 ....
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs /Reports/" &
FileName
Error Message come out

Tried #2 ....
Open FilePath & "ftp.bat" For Output As #1
Print #1, "open " & "61.38.xxx.xxx"
Print #1, "username"
Print #1, "password"
Print #1, "put"
Print #1, """" & FileNameSaved & """"
Print #1, "/Reports/" & FileName
Print #1, "close"
Print #1, "quit"
Close #1

RetVal = Shell("ftp.exe -s:""" & FilePath & "ftp.bat""", vbHide)
Error Message come out too, and do not know when is finish upload
process

Tried #3 ....
I used "wininet.dll" via API

Dim hConnection As Long, hOpen As Long, sOrgPath As String
'// open an internet connection
hOpen = InternetOpen("Upload Excel To Ftp", _
&H0, _
vbNullString, _
vbNullString, _
0)
'// connect to the FTP server
hConnection = InternetConnect(hOpen, _
"61.38.xxx.xxx", _
21, _
"username", _
"password", _
1, _
0, _
0)
'// set the current directory to 'root/reports'
Ret = FtpSetCurrentDirectory(hConnection, "Reports")
'// upload the file
Ret = FtpPutFile(hConnection, FileNameSaved, FileName, &H0, 0)

'// close the FTP connection
InternetCloseHandle hConnection
'// close the internet connection
InternetCloseHandle hOpen

Error on the major instruction, i.e. "Ret = FtpPutFile(hConnection,
FileNameSaved, FileName, &H0, 0)"

Cannot Try #4 ....
I heard, can use an ActiveX control (Inet.ocx), but I cannot find it
on the VBA project reference, even the userform control add also cannot find
this component.

Appreciate on advise

Patrick