Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default transfer cell range

Hi, i have an exisiting code that copies and pastes data within cells based
upon a numerical value 1. What i am after now is to have a section of a
worksheet (A1 D20) either attach to another worksheet as an appendix or
have the data paste into a section of another worksheet. Problem with the
latter is the formatting of the cells is different so i would assume
inserting the data as an appendix would be a better option.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are 'options' and 'inclusions' in row 1, and is there nothing after it?

Ditto is the target 'headings' in row 1 or a named cell?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Gavin Meredith" wrote in message
kind of. The problem is that the ranges may vary so i was hoping to maybe

use data between heading ranges?? This way whatever was inbetween the
heading "options" and "inclusions" would copy under the heading "appendix"
on the new sheet.

Does this seem feasible??

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi bob, to give you an idea, options and inclusions are in between other content of a document. Currently, Options is located on A10 and inclusions is located on A14. Text will appear after these headings after a user inserts it and once the user has inserted the text, i would like excel to recognise this and copy the appropriate heading and content. Other text does appear after these headings also

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gav,

What I was thinking was that I could start at one point and just get
everything to the right. What you say seems to preclude that.

Alternative, is it text of 'Options' and 'Inclusions' so I can search for
that text specifically and get the associated columns? And how many rows do
I go down ,what is the rule? And fin ally, the target heading of 'Appendix,
again is this the text value, and should it just be copied below that and to
the right?

Oh, an I am off to bed, so it will be at least 12 hours before I pop back
in.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"gav meredith" wrote in message
hi bob, to give you an idea, options and inclusions are in between other

content of a document. Currently, Options is located on A10 and inclusions
is located on A14. Text will appear after these headings after a user
inserts it and once the user has inserted the text, i would like excel to
recognise this and copy the appropriate heading and content. Other text does
appear after these headings also.

Any ideas??

Thanks so much!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No worries Bob, ill go point by point to clarify. On worksheet 'quotenew',
cell A10 contains heading INCLUSIONS. Cell A14 contains heading OPTIONS.
From a previous sheet, a user selects items and has them copy to the rows
following these headings. In essence, the data range could insert 20 rows in
between each of these headings. After and before these headings, there is
other content that is not to copy and paste. ie:

TEXT (NOT TO COPY)
TEXT

Inclusions

Text of varying number of rows

Text of varying number of rows

TEXT (NOT TO COPY)
TEXT

As ytou can see, the number of rows after the headings can vary. This
information is to paste after the heading APPENDIX on the following
worksheet, 'contract'. I hope this clarifies as i know it gets confusing!!

Once again, greatly appreciative of your help!!!!