Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Edit DialogSheets

I have an old spreadsheet that uses a DialogSheet. I can
show the sheet, (DialogSheets("FilterQuery").Show) but I
can't make changes to it. I need to get into the sheet to
remove a button, and to change the associated code for
another button. I am using Excel 2000, but the sheet was
created years ago.

Doea anyone know how I can do this?

.........thanks in advance.......Herb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Herb

It should behave like any sheet, sheet tab and all. And fully supported in
2000.

Is it hidden ? Menu Format Sheets Unhide perhaps ?

Dialogs doesn't have their own modules. The associated code is in a standard
code module; Alt F11 or similar to get into the VB editor.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Herb" skrev i melding
I have an old spreadsheet that uses a DialogSheet. I can
show the sheet, (DialogSheets("FilterQuery").Show) but I
can't make changes to it. I need to get into the sheet to
remove a button, and to change the associated code for
another button. I am using Excel 2000, but the sheet was
created years ago.

Doea anyone know how I can do this?

........thanks in advance.......Herb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

I thought it was hidden also, but it just ain't there.

I can show the dialog sheet with this line of code
DialogSheets("FilterQuery").Show
but does not allow me into the design mode of the sheet.

.........Herb

It should behave like any sheet, sheet tab and all. And

fully supported in
2000.

Is it hidden ? Menu Format Sheets Unhide perhaps ?

Dialogs doesn't have their own modules. The associated

code is in a standard
code module; Alt F11 or similar to get into the VB editor.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Herb" skrev i

melding
I have an old spreadsheet that uses a DialogSheet. I can
show the sheet, (DialogSheets("FilterQuery").Show) but I
can't make changes to it. I need to get into the sheet

remove a button, and to change the associated code for
another button. I am using Excel 2000, but the sheet was
created years ago.

Doea anyone know how I can do this?

........thanks in advance.......Herb

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

skrev i melding

I thought it was hidden also, but it just ain't there.

I can show the dialog sheet with this line of code
DialogSheets("FilterQuery").Show
but does not allow me into the design mode of the sheet.

Hi Herb

Try to run
DialogSheets("FilterQuery").Visible = True
and see if its sheet tab appear. Code will err if the workbook is protected,
but that password can be cracked easily if so and unknown.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Re2: Edit DialogSheets

Since you didn't see it in the Format menu, it was probably "veryhidden" fro
the beginning. So run

DialogSheets("FilterQuery").Visible = xlVeryHidden

when done editing to send it back to where it was.

Best wishes Harald

skrev i melding