Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Learning from the masters

Most questions in this news group deal with detailed aspects of programming.
What about the greater picture?

To read other's code is a way to improve one's own. I would therefore love
to find sites on the Internet where I could have my code criticised.

It is a common service amongst Go and chess players and is an excellent way
to improve ones strength.

Does anyone know of sites like that?

I have written an account on how I recently improved Excel sheets written by
my condominium's administrator. 'A temptation called Excel' can be found at
http://simpler-solutions.net/pmachin...log.php?id=P63.

I would love to read other stories like this. Where do I find them?

Sincerely,

Jan Nordgreen

---
Read my diary: http://simpler-solutions.net/pmachinefree/weblog.php
This is what I read: http://www.bloglines.com/public/damezumari

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jan

Nice article.
I wrote four replies to this, they all came out wrong one way or another.
Here's a fifth & very short attempt:

I don't think such sites exist. Great Picture and Understanding is better
provided by books. Few, if any, repliers will provide that amount of stuff
customized and for free, and few, if any, posters would like to read it if
provided. "Redesign your app" is the secondmost unpopular reply, beaten only
by "read the f* manual".

Go and Chess are so simple: Destroy !!! Excel is a whole different story.

Best wishes Harald

"Jan Nordgreen" skrev i melding