Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel: Relative formula to new sheet?

Is there any way to copy a formula from one sheet to another and hav
the sheet names in the formula copy as relative not absolute addresses

For instance, say worksheet B cell B2 has the following formula: B!A1
A!A2. If I copy and paste it to worksheet C!C2, it will paste as B!A
+ A!A2 whereas I would like it to paste as C!A1 + B!A2.

Lotus 1-2-3 did this automatically unless the Sheet reference was mad
absolute. Is there any way to do this in Excel?

Thanks! This one has been a thorn in my side for years.

Matt Wilco

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately, Excel does not support relative sheet referencing.

--

Vasant

"mmwilcox " wrote in message
Is there any way to copy a formula from one sheet to another and have
the sheet names in the formula copy as relative not absolute addresses?

For instance, say worksheet B cell B2 has the following formula: B!A1 +
A!A2. If I copy and paste it to worksheet C!C2, it will paste as B!A1
+ A!A2 whereas I would like it to paste as C!A1 + B!A2.

Lotus 1-2-3 did this automatically unless the Sheet reference was made
absolute. Is there any way to do this in Excel?

Thanks! This one has been a thorn in my side for years.

Matt Wilcox

---