Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Please HELP !!! Converting .XLA to .XLS

Hi

I have recently lost bunch of my XLS files with VBA code
on it to HD crash. I do have .XLA vesrion of these files
sitting on my server. I do have the passwords & can see
the codes/forms etc in the .XLA. My question is is their a
way to copy the project out of .XLA to a brand new .XLS.
There may be some commersial stuff but is there a freeware
etc to help this poor guy

Thanks in advance
James
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi James

Choose their ThisWorkbook object in the VB editor and set the IsAddnin
property to false. Then good ol' SaveAs workbook in Excel.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"James" skrev i melding
Hi

I have recently lost bunch of my XLS files with VBA code
on it to HD crash. I do have .XLA vesrion of these files
sitting on my server. I do have the passwords & can see
the codes/forms etc in the .XLA. My question is is their a
way to copy the project out of .XLA to a brand new .XLS.
There may be some commersial stuff but is there a freeware
etc to help this poor guy

Thanks in advance
James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Glad to hear that, James. Thanks for the feedback.

Best wishes Harald

"James" skrev i melding