-   -   Controling the list in a combo box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/295081-controling-list-combo-box.html)

bob

Controling the list in a combo box

I'm trying to create a combo box where the list will vary
based upon a state that is chosen. Currently, I have a
column setup as my list that will show a blank line for an
invalid selection. However, this means I have 100+ blanks
lines in my dropdown list. I want to get rid of the blank
lines and have tried checking the ignore blanks box in the
validation screen. Ay help would be appreciated.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Controling the list in a combo box

What triggers the state selection? Is it another combobox?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a combo box where the list will vary
based upon a state that is chosen. Currently, I have a
column setup as my list that will show a blank line for an
invalid selection. However, this means I have 100+ blanks
lines in my dropdown list. I want to get rid of the blank
lines and have tried checking the ignore blanks box in the
validation screen. Ay help would be appreciated.

bob

Controling the list in a combo box

Yes. It is another combobox.

What triggers the state selection? Is it another combobox?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob" wrote in

message
I'm trying to create a combo box where the list will

vary
based upon a state that is chosen. Currently, I have a
column setup as my list that will show a blank line for

an
invalid selection. However, this means I have 100+

blanks
lines in my dropdown list. I want to get rid of the

blank
lines and have tried checking the ignore blanks box in

the
validation screen. Ay help would be appreciated.

.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Controling the list in a combo box

I have a workbook sample if you want it. Mail me your email address.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

Yes. It is another combobox.