Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Please help...I need a looping macro at a specific time

Hi, Jules. Someone more experienced than I will probably have a better
idea, but if this were my task I'd look at creating a workbook to use as a
template with an AutoOpen macro. The macro would access your Invoice
spreadsheet, AutoFilter for date, then Copy and Paste SpecialValues into
your template and SaveAs Invoices_TodaysDate (or similar). Set a Task
Schedule to open this workbook at 9 pm. (Don't forget to leave the computer
on! 8) )

HTH
Ed

"Jules" wrote in message
Hi there, I am very new to this so bear with me.

In Col A each row is a formula that says basically if Col D"",Today(),""

To add todays Date
In Col B each row is a formula that says basicaly if Col D"",B1+1,"" (B1

being the row above) To add a consecutive Invoice number.

The sheet is updated daily and will have a different number of rows on any

given day.
What I need to be able to do is select the number of rows that have data

entered into them and Copy+Paste Values of Col A & B to remove the formlas.
The problem that I am having is that excel sees the formula in the blank
cell as data in the cell and selects it as part of the End +down function.
I was thinking could right an If...Then macro to loop through and check Col
D, if it finds data, then copy and paste values of Cols A & B, but like I
said I am very new to this and don't really know how to write new macros. I
have been slightly successful in editing macros that I have recorded, but
this is a bit beyond me. I also need it to run at 9:00 pm every night.

If I need to be more clear, please let me know. Thanks for the input.