Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Global variable declaration!

Hello all!

A quick question.
I declared several global variables and was trying to use them i
different macros.For soem reason they are'nt recognized by the macros
The following were the ones I declared as global variables.

Dim store As Integer
Dim loct As Integer
Dim res As Integer
Dim ng As Integer

Should I declare the above in a seperate macro or something and mak
that macro available to the rest of the macros? Is that possible? Ho
do I do this? I might need to use the variable 'store' in a macro sa
'calculate'.

I would appreciate your help guys.
Thanks.

Arun...
Vtec corp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

They should go outside of any Subroutine in a Module (not a workbook o
worksheet). Also, they should be delcared as public:

Public store As Integer
Public loct As Integer
Public res As Integer
Public ng As Integer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Arun

A quick answer :-)

Public store As Integer
Public loct As Integer
Public res As Integer
Public ng As Integer

At the top of a *general* module will do the trick.

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"aiyer " skrev i en meddelelse
Hello all!

A quick question.
I declared several global variables and was trying to use them in
different macros.For soem reason they are'nt recognized by the macros.
The following were the ones I declared as global variables.

Dim store As Integer
Dim loct As Integer
Dim res As Integer
Dim ng As Integer

Should I declare the above in a seperate macro or something and make
that macro available to the rest of the macros? Is that possible? How
do I do this? I might need to use the variable 'store' in a macro say
'calculate'.

I would appreciate your help guys.
Thanks.

Arun...