Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default searching a list box for a filename match...and highlighting the match

I have a list box that searches a directory and displays all the file
listed in that directory. I now want to add the ability to type th
name of the file Im after, and have that file if found to b
highlighted...so the user can see the hightlighted file without th
need to scroll for it...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That should be the default behavior for a listbox from the control toolbox

the property is

MatchEntry Property

FmMatchEntryComplete: 1
Extended matching. As each character is typed, the control searches for an
entry matching all characters entered (default).

Tom Ogilvy

"suee " wrote in message
I have a list box that searches a directory and displays all the files
listed in that directory. I now want to add the ability to type the
name of the file Im after, and have that file if found to be
highlighted...so the user can see the hightlighted file without the
need to scroll for it....

---