Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error when running macro in Excel

Hi all!

I am using a macro to attach lables to a XY curve in
Excel. To graph the curve I use a table linked to a pivot
table. That is, everytime I change something in the pivot,
the table (chart source) changes and, consequently, the
chart changes.

As a pivot table is a dynamic table, the number of lines
of the pivot table report may vary and the linked table
(chart source) shows zero values for that lines that do
not have any value (of course). To update the curve,
showing only the values I want, I use an Advanced Filter
to filter the same things I have chosen in the pivot table
menu.

The problem is: Everytime I run the macro to attach the
values to the XY chart after all that, I receive the
following error message:

Run-time error '1004':
Unable to get the Points property of the Series Class

Then I click End and everything is ok.... the labels are
there, the curve is ok, etc.

I would like to know if there is a way not to show this
message...

Thank you all in advance!

Raphael