Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Print Row

I have seen applications that contain checkboxes for
building "task" list for equipment maintenance that
allowed you to use the checkbox to select if you want to
print or not print a row (include or not include the
task). Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

We may be miscommunicating. Certainly there are ways of accomplishing what
you describe. But they all involve either hiding the rows before printing
and then unhiding them, as shown in the code that Ron de Bruin pointed you
to on his site. There are other solutions that are even more complicated or
quite kludgy (such as changing the font color to white).

Anyway, I'm sorry we couldn't help you. Chances are that if no one here
knows how to do it, it can't be done.

--

Vasant

"nman" wrote in message
I have seen applications that contain checkboxes for
building "task" list for equipment maintenance that
allowed you to use the checkbox to select if you want to
print or not print a row (include or not include the
task). Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps you could use conditional formatting to change the font colour
to white, for the rows that you don't want to print. There's an example
here, that you could adapt:

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Print

In addition to having one main cell with an "x", you could use the first
column to mark the rows that shouldn't be printed. Change the formula to
check the main cell, and the cell in column A, e.g.:
=AND($H$1="x",$A2="x")

nman wrote:
I have seen applications that contain checkboxes for
building "task" list for equipment maintenance that
allowed you to use the checkbox to select if you want to
print or not print a row (include or not include the
task). Thanks for your help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First of all, I am a novice at this....I think what
should be done ( as Ron de Bruin pointed out) is the code
should be run on each row just prior to printing. Upon
execution of code for each row, it hides the rows (if
applicable depending on the status of the check box
control). Once the printing is done, it resets the
worksheet and unhides all rows.

What I have been trying to do is run the code on each
line independently once the checkbox control has been
activated. When I do this, I hide the row and obviously,
the check box control goes with it. Once this occurs,
the only way to unhide the row is to use the command in
Excel. I can see how his code works but I am not sure I
can connect it to the checkbox control to run through
every row prior to printing and then reset the
worksheet. This may be over my head! Thanks Again!

.