Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel vb Email

Hello.

I am looking for some help with a function to send a workbook by email
without knowing whether the user has outlook or outlook express. I can make
the funtion work with either email program but not both. I am using Office
2000.

Thanks

Jonathan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jonathan

You can use this example from my site
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Workbook

You only can send a workbook that is open if you want to
use code that will work in both programs

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jonathan" wrote in message news:uridc.23608$J56.13776@edtnps89...
Hello.

I am looking for some help with a function to send a workbook by email
without knowing whether the user has outlook or outlook express. I can make
the funtion work with either email program but not both. I am using Office
2000.

Thanks

Jonathan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the quick response....

I am using this exact code

ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ", "This is the Subject line"

and have tried

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show "), ("hi")

Both of these work in Outlook without problem but refuse to work in outlook
express (Outlook express version is 6.00) I have tried with outlook express
open and closed and outlook is the default mail program. Any hints would be
great.

Thanks

Jonathan

"Jonathan" wrote in message

Hello.

I am looking for some help with a function to send a workbook by email
without knowing whether the user has outlook or outlook express. I can

make
the funtion work with either email program but not both. I am using

Office
2000.

Thanks

Jonathan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you get errrors?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jonathan" wrote in message

Hello.

I am looking for some help with a function to send a workbook by email
without knowing whether the user has outlook or outlook express. I

can
make
the funtion work with either email program but not both. I am using

Office
2000.

Thanks

Jonathan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I get the error "Runtime 1004 Show method of dialog class failed" when using
the below code

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show "), ("hi")

and the error "Method 'SendMail' of object '_Workbook' failed"

with the code

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Hello.

I am looking for some help with a function to send a workbook by

email
without knowing whether the user has outlook or outlook express.

can
make
the funtion work with either email program but not both. I am

using
Office
2000.

Thanks

Jonathan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jonathan

and outlook is the default mail program

Is this a typo?

If not change it to Outlook Express
StartSettingsControl Panel....Internet options (Program Tab)
Close Excel first before you make a change.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl