Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Newbie - Simple Macro

Hey guys,

I'm very new to programminhg and VBA. I'm currently working for a
photography company that has begun to use Barcoding with Excel to
automate data entry. They've asked me to create a simple program with
a shortcut that can be turned into a barcode. Any help on this would
be appreciated, I'm a bit stuck, but eager to learn.

All information scanned begins in column H. After info is scanned
into the cell, the cursor automatically moves to the next cell on the
right. Sometimes the row has a few more cells that require input,
other times the user immediately needs to go to the next line.

I need to create a barcode that when scanned will move the cursor back
to row H in the next row. Simple, I know, but I'm not sure where to
start.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I don't know a whole lot about barcode scanning, but I do have a barcode
scanner pen and if you set col H to a barcode font and then go to
Tools,options,Edit and check the "Move selection after enter" direction to
"down" it should move to the next cell in col H after a scan. At least it
does for me in Excel 97.

HTH

Ken

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,

I'm very new to programminhg and VBA. I'm currently working for a
photography company that has begun to use Barcoding with Excel to
automate data entry. They've asked me to create a simple program with
a shortcut that can be turned into a barcode. Any help on this would
be appreciated, I'm a bit stuck, but eager to learn.

All information scanned begins in column H. After info is scanned
into the cell, the cursor automatically moves to the next cell on the
right. Sometimes the row has a few more cells that require input,
other times the user immediately needs to go to the next line.

I need to create a barcode that when scanned will move the cursor back
to row H in the next row. Simple, I know, but I'm not sure where to
start.

You will likely need a 3rd party tool to manage the barcoding, like those
developed by the companies at -
http://www.bank-software.com/check-printing.htm

Goodluck
Tina