Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Printing query with Sendkeys

Good afternoon. I wonder if someone could offer some advice with a
small problem I am currently having. I use Excel in two environments,
Excel 2002 and Windows XP and also Excel 2002 with Windows Server 2003
(using Citrix Terminal Services). We have a scenario where a report is
exported from a third party product into Excel. The resulting
spreadsheet then needs to be printed to a printer which has two paper
trays taking one copy from tray 1 and four copies from tray 2. I want
to do this using a macro. After searching through the newsgroups I
decided the best way to do this would be to use SendKeys rather than
set up a second printer with the default tray 2 as we use Auto Created
printers in Citrix and I'm not sure how easy this would be (however
given my problems I may have to!). When I'm using Excel with Windows
XP my SendKeys code works beautifully, but when I test it out in the
Windows Server 2003 environment it falls apart and just won't work. I
can't understand why and wondered if there was maybe something I'm
missing. I'm a "simple" VBA user so my code may appear ridiculous but
it did work!

'Select correct printer
Application.ActivePrinter = "IT1 on Ne15:"
'Print one copy of current worksheet on headed paper
SendKeys "%R^{TAB}%S%{DOWN}TRAY 2{TAB}~~"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show

My Sendkeys statement is supposed to go to the printer driver and
change the default bin.

If anyone can offer any suggestions I would appreciate it. However, I
understand I may need to go to the second printer route.

Thanks

Laura

Printing and emailing query dragons_lair Excel Worksheet Functions 2 June 3rd 09 03:05 AM
Excel 2003 Import - Web Query - Results = Printing Version Mark Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 28th 07 02:51 AM
Excel printing query Linda Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 24th 05 11:56 PM
Sendkeys GB[_3_] Excel Programming 0 September 16th 03 10:39 PM
SendKeys Ron de Bruin Excel Programming 3 August 25th 03 10:21 PM