Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Question about MSCommonDialog object

Can somebody help me create this reference? I tend to think that's my
answer. In the second sheet, where the identical command button
exists, I think I ought to be able to adjust the VB code so that it
points to the CommonDialog object which exists in the first sheet.

But I'm no VB programmer and I have no idea how to do this.

Here's the reference in the Command Button that is working correctly
(in Sheet1):

CommonDialog1.Filter = "XML Files (*.xml)|*.xml"
CommonDialog1.ShowSave
sName = CommonDialog1.Filename

The identical code currently exists in the second sheet (Sheet2).

Any thoughts?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
Try using "more controls" from the control toolbox toolbar or if in the vbe,
additional controls under the tools menu or maybe you only need to create a
reference to it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Scott Hartig" wrote in message
om...
I'm something of a moron when it comes to these objects in Excel. So
this may be a stupid question....

I have a worksheet that I want to clone (I need two of them in the
same workbook which perform the same functions for different sets of
data). The worksheet I need to clone was produced by a vendor of
ours.

The worksheet has a command button object which produces an XML file
from the data on the sheet. It requires an MSCommonDialog object to
function properly.

Well, I can't copy/paste this CommonDialog object to my cloned sheet.
And I can't figure out how to embed a new one. The Command Button
object copied and pasted just fine. But Excel returns an error to me
when I try to do the same with the CommonDialog object.

Any suggestions?