Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

Default numbering a column automatically

Frank has given you some answers ..

Taking your Q and subject line literally <g:

Put in any cell in column A, say in A1: =COLUMN()

Copy A1 across

Adjust accordingly depending on the column
you want to start the numbering from

For example, if col C is to be numbered "1"

Put in say C1: =COLUMN()-2

Copy C1 across

--
Rgds
Max
"boettcher" wrote in message
How do I number a column automatically (eg: 1. 2. 3. ...)?