Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom function not computing (#VALUE!) returned

Excel Version 2002 (SP2)

I have a custom function that calculates the number of cells that have
a particular internal color. This file is updated by one user and
opened readonly by upto 10 others. There is a need to be able to have
the 10 others be able to see the changes.

I have added a command button so that a user can click an execute a
macro to "refresh the view". I have tried the Updatefromfile technique
as well as written the code to close the file and then reopen the
exact same file and neither of them seem to work. I continue to get
the #VALUE! error in each cell that is using the custom formula.

(I have set the Application.Volatile to True as the first line in the
UDF).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Asheesh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

what does the code look like?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Asheesh Gupta" wrote in message
om...
Excel Version 2002 (SP2)

I have a custom function that calculates the number of cells that have
a particular internal color. This file is updated by one user and
opened readonly by upto 10 others. There is a need to be able to have
the 10 others be able to see the changes.

I have added a command button so that a user can click an execute a
macro to "refresh the view". I have tried the Updatefromfile technique
as well as written the code to close the file and then reopen the
exact same file and neither of them seem to work. I continue to get
the #VALUE! error in each cell that is using the custom formula.

(I have set the Application.Volatile to True as the first line in the
UDF).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Asheesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Function CdlColorCountIf(SearchArea As Range, CdlBgColor As Integer) As Integer

Dim CellCount As Range

Application.Volatile True
For Each CellCount In SearchArea

If CellCount.Interior.ColorIndex = CdlBgColor Then

CdlColorCountIf = CdlColorCountIf + 1

End If
Next CellCount

Calculate