Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ! error

With Windows XP SP-1, OfficeXP SP-2
I have a mailmerge ap that used to work and now Word won't recognize
apparently legitimate email addresses. I have an excel database, with a
column headed "email" and smtp formatted addresses in it. The word merge
form merges fine, and the email addresses appear on the form, but when I go
to merge I get the error message "Word cannot merge documents that can be
distributed by mail or fax without a valid mail address. Choose the setup
button to select a mail address." I've done that, redone the filed,
matched the "email" field to what word seems to be looking for, NOTHING.
Made sure no records identified by the query have non-address data in the
field. NOTHING. I'm desperate, and absolutely have to get these emails
out. Any suggestions would prompt gratitude and grovelling. The ap (which
I developed) seems to run fine on my colleagues' machines, so I'm dying to
know what I'm doing wrong. THANKS