Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compare & create list of uniques across books/sheets

Hello,

I wish to compare a Master worksheet A to a second worksheet B store
in a separate workbook, where column X is 'SSN' on both sheets. I wan
to create a list (SSN, LName, FName) on a SUMMARY sheet for all SSN
that do not appear on both A and B. SSN is a unique value for eac
person.

Right now I have 8 separate worksheets, all saved in one workbook, tha
I need to compare to the Master. I am thinking it may be easier t
compare each sheet individually (creating 8 SUMMARY sheets) to th
Master rather than comparing them all at once to the Master and havin
one grand SUMMARY sheet. Am I correct in thinking this?

Can anyone provide some assistance?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't see any advantage in preparing 8 summary sheets unless you need the
information on separate sheets. You can always mark each row as to what
sheet was compared to master.

Tom Ogilvy

"P.Rumpz " wrote in message
Hello,

I wish to compare a Master worksheet A to a second worksheet B stored
in a separate workbook, where column X is 'SSN' on both sheets. I want
to create a list (SSN, LName, FName) on a SUMMARY sheet for all SSNs
that do not appear on both A and B. SSN is a unique value for each
person.

Right now I have 8 separate worksheets, all saved in one workbook, that
I need to compare to the Master. I am thinking it may be easier to
compare each sheet individually (creating 8 SUMMARY sheets) to the
Master rather than comparing them all at once to the Master and having
one grand SUMMARY sheet. Am I correct in thinking this?

Can anyone provide some assistance?

Thank you.

---