Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
amy amy is offline

Default ADD & UPDATE

Hello.

I have recently begin to use Excel and VBA in our non-
profit organization. Would like to ask for help in this
community.

I am using Excel as a Contact Management. There are 2
worksheets, A and B. B holds all the data while A allows
a user to:

* add a new record
or
* to update an existing record

Could someone direct me what kind of code to program for
the above 2 functions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There could be couple of ways to achieve this but i could not gather enough information from your question. Write some details and i dont think it is gonna be tough.

Also answer some questions like : Number of users, Amount of data. Any report printing from that data , How many fields for a particular record etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
amy amy is offline

Ajit,

Number of users: 5
Amount of Data: we have about 500 records now
# of fields for each record: 27

There are 2 tabs in the spreadsheet, A and B. B holds
all the data. I have created A as a "template" where
user can input data for each record. A can also be used
to update a field of each record. Hope the information
helps.

Thanks
There could be couple of ways to achieve this but i

could not gather enough information from your question.
Write some details and i dont think it is gonna be tough.

Also answer some questions like : Number of users,

Amount of data. Any report printing from that data , How
many fields for a particular record etc.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Amy,

Excel has a built-in forms function. Put titles in row 1, and then go to
DataForm, and you will get a simple data management facility.

Add, update and delete is all catered for.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips