Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Execl 2003 XML Question

Would someone tell me how I can get my Excel XML data which is in spreadsheet format into a Row Format? I'd like to use Excel to construct data in XML and use Word as one of the reporting mechanisms in its table row format

thx
Ted
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A very convenient, albeit ugly, way of getting Excel tabular data into Word is as follows

Insert a field in WORD (Control + F9) : you can't just type the {}
Within the {} type DDEAUTO Excel "MyWKB.XLS" NamedRange i.e. { DDEAUTO Excel "MyWKB.XLS" NamedRange

Where "MYWKN.XLS" is the fully qualified name of the workbook; duplicate \ if this is included in this specification, and NamedRange is a named area of the workbook

Note
1. there are no commas between the argument
2. Excel will start and open the workbook whenever the data is refreshed (this is the ugly bit, because Excel must be closed manually
3. the data in Word can be refreshed, unlike Copy + Past