Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with Outlook & a movie list

Frank,

Thanks for your help. That works very nicely. I updated my list to as you
suggested, and it works well.

I also updated a friend's movie list as well, but he wanted to ignore the
word "A" at the start of a title when sorting as well, so I've made another
change to it. I've added

If Left(datacell.Value, 2) = "a " Then
datacell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUBSTITUTE(RC[-5],""A "","""")"
End If

Again, Thanks for your help
Andrew & Joey.

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi Andrew
for the second question:
- use a helper column (lets say column B)
- enter the following formula in B1 (assumption: col. a stores your
titles)
=SUBSTITUTE(A1,"The ","")
copy down
- use this helper column for sorting

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Andrew wrote:
Ladies & Gents,

I have 2 questions to ask tonight.

I've received details on creating emails from Excel using macros.

Can
anyone tell me how to assign a Category from the Options Tab to an
Outlook email message created with an Excel macro?

My second question is slightly more important!!! How do I sort my
DVD list and ignore the word "The" in the titles.

Thanks in Advance
Andrew