Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems Using MS Oracle ODBC with Excel

I have a spreadsheet that has sql in VBA that queries data from an Oracle
v7.3 db. Numbers are pasted to the spreadsheet as alpha and sum functions
do not work. The driver version is 2.573.7713.00 and I am using W2K and
O2K. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can modify the SQL query to cast the data as integer
or real.

For example:
SELECT OrderNum, CAST(OrderNum AS INT) As NewOrderNum
FROM ....
WHERE...

In the above example the query will return two columns of
data, one for OrderNum and another for NewOrderNum. You
could eliminate OrderNum and get back one column of data.

You can then use the data retrieved from NewOrderNum in
your spreadsheet.

Hope this helps,

Raul

I have a spreadsheet that has sql in VBA that queries

data from an Oracle
v7.3 db. Numbers are pasted to the spreadsheet as alpha

and sum functions
do not work. The driver version is 2.573.7713.00 and I

am using W2K and
O2K. Any ideas?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:06:27 +1200, "Rob van Gelder" wrote:

I have used Oracle8i over ODBC with Querytables. I don't think Excel is the
problem.

Ditto. Determine how the values are stored in the db.
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA