Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default newbie trying to workout copy

I've trying a conditional copy and paste routine but, being
a newbie, can't work it out. I have searched through
everyone's website and Goggle but can't seem to find
anything that will point me in the right direction.
I have done the record macro routine and tried to add in
conditional If but that ain't happening. Here is what I
have done.
I have three other possible conditions for "level"
(MITE,BLASTBALL,SQUIRT) which I hope to work in with Else If.

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 01/04/2004 by
'

'
Application.Goto Reference:="level"
If level = "MIDGET" Then
Application.Goto Reference:="midget"
Rows("3:3").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown,
CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromRightOrBelow
Application.Goto Reference:="Input"
Selection.Copy
Application.Goto Reference:="midget"
Range("B3:G3").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Not sure what I'm doing
Any help whould be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you go to midget, you insert 3 rows above midget - is that what you
want.

get rid of Range("B3:G3").Select

if you want to paste on midget, then you are done.

If you want to paste in the blank rows above midget then replace
Range("B3:G3").Select

with
activecell.offset(-3,0).Select

Tom Ogilvy

"Logan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What I am trying to do is sort out the players into their
perspective divisions as their information is entered.
Their names, date of birth, "level" is calculated by their
date of birth.
If "level" is "MIDGET" I have a sheet "MIDGET" I would like
to place her in that database. I have named B3:G3 in this
sheet "midget"
I was hoping to sort the players into four levels
MIDGET,MITE,SQUIRT and BLASTBALL, which I have four sheets
in this workbook for.
Players get added in the "data" sheet
Players name date of birth and level get added in range
B5:G5 on the data sheet

I hope this clears it up...