Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default complicated question for copying ranges to new sheets

If I have a list of 20 standard offices on sheet 1, and on sheet 2, there is
a list of orders for some of the offices (the offices are listed in col. A
and repeated for each item down through each row.

The items are alphabetically by office on sheet 2, and what I'd like to do
is move any information found that matches an office name on sheet 1, copy
to the next available sheet. Then do the same to the next set of information
that qualifies.

FOR EXAMPLE:
Sheet 1 contains:

chicago
new york
san fransico

Sheet 2:
chi 3 bats
chi 5 balls
chi 2 gloves
san 1glove
san 1 ball
===============
What the macro would do is 'copy' the information on sheet 2 to two
different sheets (3 and 4):

Sheet 3:
chicago 3 bats
chicago 5 balls
chicago 2 gloves

Sheet 4:
san fransico 1 glove
san fransico 1 ball

It might be easier to just split information into separate sheets with any
care to what is on sheet 1 ... either way ... would be most helpful.

Annette