Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Grouping when Worksheets Protected

Is there any way that I can password protect a worksheet
yet still allow users to use the data grouping that I have
set up. My spreadsheets are set up to view monthly and
quarterly information for 3 years. When a user wants to
view only the quarterly information and the worksheet is
protected, the data grouping won't work. I also wanted
them for printing purposes so that the user had a choice
of printing all months or just quarterly views.

Thanks

Allison
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in the this workbook module:

Private Sub Workbook_Open
With worksheets("Sheet1")
.Activate
.enableOutlining = True
.Protect Password:="ABCD", UserInterfaceOnly:=True
End with

Tom Ogilvy