Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Get workbook version

I have a workbook that needs to be updated fequently and i need to know the
version of the workbook in the code in order to copy and replace newer
versions. I tought of insering a 'Version' property in the 'personalisation'
panel that is in the property of the file itself. But i can't seem to be
able to get the value of this property in the code. The code would be in a
delphi program or in a macro in the workbook , i could use both methods. If
you have any idea or research keywords that could help me plz tell me !

thanx !
chriss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it would be a member of the customdocumentproperty collection .

See Chip Pearson's page on this:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/docprop.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Chriss" <une add wrote in message
I have a workbook that needs to be updated fequently and i need to know

the
version of the workbook in the code in order to copy and replace newer
versions. I tought of insering a 'Version' property in the

'personalisation'
panel that is in the property of the file itself. But i can't seem to be
able to get the value of this property in the code. The code would be in a
delphi program or in a macro in the workbook , i could use both methods.

If
you have any idea or research keywords that could help me plz tell me !

thanx !
chriss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
o.k. you really have covered ALL newsgroups
see your answer in Excel.worksheet.functions and please don't
multipost.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Chriss wrote:
I have a workbook that needs to be updated fequently and i need to
know the version of the workbook in the code in order to copy and
replace newer versions. I tought of insering a 'Version' property in
the 'personalisation' panel that is in the property of the file
itself. But i can't seem to be able to get the value of this property
in the code. The code would be in a delphi program or in a macro in
the workbook , i could use both methods. If you have any idea or
research keywords that could help me plz tell me !

thanx !
chriss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chriss,

Try some code like the following

Dim DocProps As DocumentProperties
Dim V As Long
Set DocProps = ThisWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties
On Error Resume Next
V = DocProps("Version").Value
If Err.Number < 0 Then
' doesn't exist, so add the property
DocProps.Add Name:="Version", LinkToContent:=False, _
Type:=msoPropertyTypeFloat, Value:=0
End If
On Error GoTo 0
V = V + 1