Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joe joe is offline

Default Chart on a user form

Can you add a chart to a userform
What is required

A simple example for a line chart with 1 variable would be greatly appreciated..

Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are ActiveX controls out in the market that one can
buy for this, but apart from this or building your own,
Userforms weren't built with this in mind - after all,
you have chart sheets and charhs on spreadsheets, so why
re-invent the wheel?
Having said that, the only way that I know of is to
create a chart on asheet, save it as a gif of bmp file,
then set the saved picture as the image in an image
control.
I beleive Chip Pearson's web site has a demo.

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

A simple example for a line chart with 1 variable would

be greatly appreciated...

Joe
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joe joe is offline

Patrick

I agree it sounds like a weird request to want to do this, but the aim was to have a floating graph on a non-modal form that can be positioned and viewed by the user no matter which worksheet they are looking at

Thanks for the info...

joe