Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SUMPRODUCT not a standard Excel formula?

I've been searching the web on the advantages of using array formula vs
SUMPRODUCT. I have come across the following in my searches:

"The problem with SUMPRODUCT is that it is not a standard Excel formula.

It relies upon an add-In, which is fine until someone doesn't have that
particular add-in at which point it all turns to custard with the beautiful
model you have built, and credibility hits rock bottom."

Is it true that SUMPRODUCT is not a standard Excel formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
AFAIK SUMPRODUCT IS a standard Excel function (it is not part of the
Analysis Toolpak Add-in). Sou you can use it

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Shatin wrote:
I've been searching the web on the advantages of using array formula
vs SUMPRODUCT. I have come across the following in my searches:

"The problem with SUMPRODUCT is that it is not a standard Excel
formula.

It relies upon an add-In, which is fine until someone doesn't have
that particular add-in at which point it all turns to custard with
the beautiful model you have built, and credibility hits rock

bottom."

Is it true that SUMPRODUCT is not a standard Excel formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Shatin,

SUMPRODUCT is a standard Excel function; it does not require any
add-in.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Shatin" wrote in message
I've been searching the web on the advantages of using array

formula vs
SUMPRODUCT. I have come across the following in my searches:

"The problem with SUMPRODUCT is that it is not a standard Excel

formula.

It relies upon an add-In, which is fine until someone doesn't

have that
particular add-in at which point it all turns to custard with

the beautiful
model you have built, and credibility hits rock bottom."

Is it true that SUMPRODUCT is not a standard Excel formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Frank and Chip for your confirming that SUMPRODUCT is a standard
function.