Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default multiple results search

i am having trouble searching for a value that has multiple entries

from sheet1

enter a value: ab12345

search for all rows that have value ab12345 in sheet2 and paste in sheet1

in sheet2

ab12345 name1 number1
ab12345 name2 number2
ab12345 name3 number3
ab12345 name4 number4
ab12345 name5 number5

if anyone can i help, i would greatly appreciate.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the functions in the freely downloadable file at
http://home.pacbell.net/beban are available to your workbook, then
assuming that your data starts at Cell A1 on Sheet2:

=ArrayRowFilter1(Sheet2!A1:C5,1,"ab12345") array entered into a range on
Sheet1 sufficiently large to accept the output.

Alan Beban

ruchir wrote:
i am having trouble searching for a value that has multiple entries

from sheet1

enter a value: ab12345

search for all rows that have value ab12345 in sheet2 and paste in sheet1

in sheet2

ab12345 name1 number1
ab12345 name2 number2
ab12345 name3 number3
ab12345 name4 number4
ab12345 name5 number5

if anyone can i help, i would greatly appreciate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
see your respones in Excel.programming

P.S: please don't multipost

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

ruchir wrote:
i am having trouble searching for a value that has multiple entries

from sheet1

enter a value: ab12345

search for all rows that have value ab12345 in sheet2 and paste in
sheet1

in sheet2

ab12345 name1 number1
ab12345 name2 number2
ab12345 name3 number3
ab12345 name4 number4
ab12345 name5 number5

if anyone can i help, i would greatly appreciate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

sorry, i didn't know the standard in posting a message. this was my
first and just saw an option to do so. i'm not sure were in
Excel.programming I should be looking?

thanks,

ruchir wrote:
i am having trouble searching for a value that has multiple entries

from sheet1

enter a value: ab12345

search for all rows that have value ab12345 in sheet2 and paste in
sheet1

in sheet2

ab12345 name1 number1
ab12345 name2 number2
ab12345 name3 number3
ab12345 name4 number4
ab12345 name5 number5

if anyone can i help, i would greatly appreciate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
find below reposts from the other NG:

---
From Alan Beban:

----

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

ruchir wrote:
i am having trouble searching for a value that has multiple entries

from sheet1

enter a value: ab12345

search for all rows that have value ab12345 in sheet2 and paste in
sheet1

in sheet2

ab12345 name1 number1
ab12345 name2 number2
ab12345 name3 number3
ab12345 name4 number4
ab12345 name5 number5

if anyone can i help, i would greatly appreciate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm having trouble using the ArrayRowFilter1 function... How do I get
the function to recognize that I have selected the proper number of
cells to contain the resultant array?

ruchir wrote:
i am having trouble searching for a value that has multiple entries

from sheet1

enter a value: ab12345

search for all rows that have value ab12345 in sheet2 and paste in sheet1

in sheet2

ab12345 name1 number1
ab12345 name2 number2
ab12345 name3 number3
ab12345 name4 number4
ab12345 name5 number5

if anyone can i help, i would greatly appreciate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you're entering the function into a range of cells on the worksheet,
if the range is not large enough the function will return a message
telling you how many rows and columns need to be selected; if the range
is larger than necessary the function will return "" to the superfluous
cells. Are you experiencing something else?

Alan Beban

ruchir wrote:

i am having trouble searching for a value that has multiple entries

from sheet1

enter a value: ab12345

search for all rows that have value ab12345 in sheet2 and paste in sheet1

in sheet2

ab12345 name1 number1
ab12345 name2 number2
ab12345 name3 number3
ab12345 name4 number4
ab12345 name5 number5

if anyone can i help, i would greatly appreciate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps my question is how do I properly enter the function into a
range of cells? It doesn't seem to be filling the range with the
function, no matter how I select the cells I want to put the results
in.

I've tried naming my range, and setting the function while the name is
selected. I've also Ctrl+R Ctrl+D filled the selection (didn't
honestly think that would work, but I figured I'd try it).

Thanks for the help thus far, Alan

-Paul Valenzano