Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Icon/Toolbar auto view

Hey guys great site - I did a search and from everybody's contribution
found enough information to create dynamic file names and folders in m
save as function - thanks.

One difficulty I'm still having is that I created a new toolbar with a
icon to run a macro. Essentially the macro creates a new workbook
populates the new wb with a query, sorts the data, enters formulas
formats table, saves new wb, and sets toolbar with macro button t
visible=false. Essentially, I'm looking for the toolbar to show onl
when they have the one file that contains the macro open. I've trie
attaching the toolbar to the file so it would appear everytime but i
seems the setting visible to false in the macro is overriding th
attaching when I reopen the file. So am I just a step or two away? O
do I need to totally attack this a different way?

It's being developed in Excel 2002 (XP) SP2

Thanks again,
Jordan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unless you delete the toolbar it becomes part of the user's toolbar set and
takes on its own independent existence. When you re-open the workbook Excel
sees that there is already a toolbar with the same name as the one attached
to the workbook and the old, hidden one wins.

So you may get by by deleting the toolbar. There could be a problem however
if, for some reason like a macro error, your deleting routine does not run.
Then you'd have the same problem. For that reason I think most heavy
developers do not attach toolbars to files but rather create them through
code when the workbook opens. The Commandbars Add method has a "temporary"
argument that means the toolbar will not become permanent even if the
deleting code does not run.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

"jordanctc " wrote in message
| Hey guys great site - I did a search and from everybody's contribution I
| found enough information to create dynamic file names and folders in my
| save as function - thanks.
|
| One difficulty I'm still having is that I created a new toolbar with an
| icon to run a macro. Essentially the macro creates a new workbook,
| populates the new wb with a query, sorts the data, enters formulas,
| formats table, saves new wb, and sets toolbar with macro button to
| visible=false. Essentially, I'm looking for the toolbar to show only
| when they have the one file that contains the macro open. I've tried
| attaching the toolbar to the file so it would appear everytime but it
| seems the setting visible to false in the macro is overriding the
| attaching when I reopen the file. So am I just a step or two away? Or
| do I need to totally attack this a different way?
|
| It's being developed in Excel 2002 (XP) SP2
|
| Thanks again,
| Jordan
|

| ---
| Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Excel 2007 - Auto Sum Icon in Quick Access Toolbar wtokyo Excel Worksheet Functions 2 October 30th 08 08:06 AM
Odd toolbar icon behaviour Bernard Liengme Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 22nd 05 09:28 PM
Icon in toolbar Nick Excel Programming 1 February 16th 04 11:57 AM
Add Icon to Toolbar SS[_3_] Excel Programming 1 January 16th 04 09:07 PM
icon in menu toolbar roland Excel Programming 1 November 20th 03 01:29 PM