Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default disable the popup messege "this file contain macro"

Hi experts

Is there a way of disable the excel message popup " this file contains
macro". I'm using the scheduled task in windows for updating the excel, but
it won't work automated if this message pops up....

Thanks

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
If your file really contains macro one way would be to set the security
level to 'Low'. But keep the consequences of this in mind (higher risk,
etc.)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"bris" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi experts

Is there a way of disable the excel message popup " this file

contains
macro". I'm using the scheduled task in windows for updating the

excel, but
it won't work automated if this message pops up....

Thanks

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bris;

In my opinion, in the Menu go to:

Tools | Macro | Security

In the dialog that appears, click the tab security level and select low.
That should work.

Mark.

--
More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or

"bris" wrote in message
Hi experts

Is there a way of disable the excel message popup " this file contains
macro". I'm using the scheduled task in windows for updating the excel,

but
it won't work automated if this message pops up....

Thanks

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Brian

You don't say which version of Excel you are running.

If 97 macro warning is on or off. Your choice in ToolsOptionsGeneral.

With 2000 and newer there are 3 security levels under ToolsOptionsSecurity.

High which won't allow macros to run.

Medium which will give the warning.

Low which allows everything to run.

Before setting your security to "low" which will let every file with macros
open without warning I would investigate the use of Office's Self
Certification tool.

You can create a digital certificate and use that on your VBAProject so only
that file with the certificate is allowed to be opened with no warning.

You can get to SelfCert either of these ways........

1. StartProgramsMicrosoft OfficeTools"Digital Certificate for VBA
Projects"

2. Open Windows Explorer and drill down to your Office folder. Find
SelfCert.exe and run it.

This certificate is good only on your computer but can be used for more than
one file.

Once the certificate has been created and with your file open, go to the
VBEditor and select your VBAproject/file.

ToolsDigital SignatureChoose. Select the Certificate you just created.

OK your way out and save your file.

Next time you open this particular file you will not get the warning.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP