Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unique Items

say i have a list of transactions in column a i have name,
in column b i have amount, in column c i have currency
code. there are about 20 different currency codes that
show up many times. like.

A B c
IBM $100 USD
SONY $500 JPY
DELL $340 CAD
AOL $100 GBP
NIKE $250 CAD
SPRINT $300 USD
QCOM $500 USD
YAHOO $330 CAD

and so forth..as you can see a currency code can show up
many times in the list. how can i make a list in a new
sheet that contains just the unique currencies that are in
the data. for example in my list there is USD,JPY,CAD,GBP..

i would like to extract this data into a new table that
would be populated by those codes. like

A B C
USD
JPY
CAD
GBP

would appreciate any help.

tks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

3 things to think about:-

1) Pivot Tables - Absolutely my preferred choice for this kind of data.

2) Sort the Data and use Data / Subtotals adding Sums / Counts as required

3) Use formulas such as SUMIF / COUNTIF / SUMPRODUCT etc which do not require
the data to be sorted.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03

"Bryan" wrote in message
[...]

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub CopyUniques()
Dim rng as Range
Set rng = Range(Range("C1"),Range("C1").End(xldown))
rng.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
CopyToRange:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1"), _
Unique:=True

Tom Ogilvy

"Bryan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Tks for the help..been banging my head on my desk all day
to figure this one.

.