Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default protection macro

I am creating a macro that changes passwords on a spreadsheet
The problem is when the spreadsheet's password isn't what is expected by the macro, and it comes up with the macro error box with the de-bug option, etc
How can I alter the macro so that when the password is not correct it displays a message box saying "invalid password", and hitting "ok" would halt the macro
Or better yet, can a macro detect a password? Or at least return a true/false statement concerning a password
Thanks in advanc
Labrat.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

take a look he

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

In article ,
Labrat wrote:

I am creating a macro that changes passwords on a spreadsheet.
The problem is when the spreadsheet's password isn't what is expected by the
macro, and it comes up with the macro error box with the de-bug option, etc.
How can I alter the macro so that when the password is not correct it
displays a message box saying "invalid password", and hitting "ok" would halt
the macro?
Or better yet, can a macro detect a password? Or at least return a true/false
statement concerning a password?
Thanks in advance
Labrat.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Labrat

Something like this

x = Password

if x < password then
count = count + 1
msgbox = "Incorrect Password, try again"
if count = 3 then
Exit Sub
end if
End if

Not tested
I am creating a macro that changes passwords on a

spreadsheet.
The problem is when the spreadsheet's password isn't what

is expected by the macro, and it comes up with the macro
error box with the de-bug option, etc.
How can I alter the macro so that when the password is

not correct it displays a message box saying "invalid
password", and hitting "ok" would halt the macro?
Or better yet, can a macro detect a password? Or at least

return a true/false statement concerning a password?
Thanks in advance
Labrat.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is one way:

On Error Goto BadPW
ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect "Your password here"

BadPW:
MsgBox "Invalid Password!", vbOkOnly + vbExclamation
Exit Sub

-Jack

I am creating a macro that changes passwords on a

spreadsheet.
The problem is when the spreadsheet's password isn't what

is expected by the macro, and it comes up with the macro
error box with the de-bug option, etc.
How can I alter the macro so that when the password is

not correct it displays a message box saying "invalid
password", and hitting "ok" would halt the macro?
Or better yet, can a macro detect a password? Or at least

return a true/false statement concerning a password?
Thanks in advance
Labrat.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this exactly, it should work:

Sub CPS()

Sheets("DATA_SHEET").Select
On Error Goto BadPW
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
On Error Goto 0
ActiveSheet.Protect

Sheets("POSTING_SHEET").Select
On Error Goto BadPW
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
On Error Goto 0
ActiveSheet.Protect

ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWindow.Close

Exit Sub

BadPW:
MsgBox "Invalid Password!", vbOKOnly + vbExclamation

End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks but I'm getting a run-time error 9, - subscript out of range
Any Ideas?