Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Basic FindValue Q. "Find lword starting with A"

I made (Read: Someone in here told me how to make) a function that wil
search for a given word in a sheet.

Now I need a function to search aphabetically through a colomn, so if
Click on "A" it will go down to the first name starting with A...

Anyone

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Edit = Find

A*

Tom Ogilvy

"kandinsky " wrote in message
I made (Read: Someone in here told me how to make) a function that will
search for a given word in a sheet.

Now I need a function to search aphabetically through a colomn, so if i
Click on "A" it will go down to the first name starting with A...

Anyone?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try the following macro (and assign it to a button):

dim rng as range
dim c as range
set rng = range ("A:A")
for each c in rng
if left(c.value,1)="a" then
c.select
exit for
end if
next

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

I made (Read: Someone in here told me how to make) a function that
will search for a given word in a sheet.

Now I need a function to search aphabetically through a colomn, so if
i Click on "A" it will go down to the first name starting with A...

Anyone?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For me, that only results in going to the first word that INCLUDES th
letter A. It doesn't go to the first word that STARTS with the lette
a.

I want it to take me to the first cell in the colomn, that wiic
contains a word that starts with the letter A. (And only in a specifi
Colomn, ike fx B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You also need to check

Entire Cells Only

then it will find the cell that starts with the letter A.

Tom Ogilvy

"kandinsky " wrote in message
For me, that only results in going to the first word that INCLUDES the
letter A. It doesn't go to the first word that STARTS with the letter
a.

I want it to take me to the first cell in the colomn, that wiich
contains a word that starts with the letter A. (And only in a specific
Colomn, ike fx B)

---