Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom Function

Hi

I have a couple of custom functions that i have saved in
my Personal.xls workbook.

Is there a way of making these public so i can call them
from any workbook?

When I try calling it from a workbook I get the
message 'Name?'
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Edgar,

You need to precede the macro with the workbook name,

=Personal.xls!myFunc(myparam)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Edgar" wrote in message
Hi

I have a couple of custom functions that i have saved in
my Personal.xls workbook.

Is there a way of making these public so i can call them
from any workbook?

When I try calling it from a workbook I get the
message 'Name?'

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to qualify the macro name with the workbook name (unless the
file is an add-in). E.g.,

=Personal.xls!MyFunction

In article ,
"Edgar" wrote:

Hi

I have a couple of custom functions that i have saved in
my Personal.xls workbook.

Is there a way of making these public so i can call them
from any workbook?

When I try calling it from a workbook I get the
message 'Name?'

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just open a new workbook, move the macros to that workbook. Then save that
workbook as an addin, it is the last file type in the list. Then goto
ToolsAddin and browse for that newly saved file to install it. Tick the
selection, and you are away.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips