Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Macro trigger?

Hi Trot,

If the depending cells are in a fixed column I would use
Vlookup

Assuming you have your Master table in sheet2 ,A1:B2 like:
A 15.000.000
B 10.000.000

Then put in I3, J3 and K3:
=vlookup($f3,sheet2!$a$1:$b$2,2,false)
If you then enter A or B in F3, the result will appear in
the other cells.

Copy this formula down to all the cells you need.

If this is not what you want, please post again

Wolf

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I appreciate the replies. However, I still need additional guidance.
now know I might not have been as clear as I could have been i
describing what I wanted.

The VLOOKUP sounds like what I need for this. I had used it elsewher
in the workbook and it never crossed my mind to use it there for som
reason. The sheet with the list of codes has 3 columns on it.
Column A -- the various letter codes (i.e. A, B, C, D etc.)
Column B -- the number of cells I need the value in Column C to b
entered (i.e. 1,2,3,4 etc.)
Column C -- the value to be entered (i.e. 5,000,000)

So, after I enter the letter code, I need VLOOKUP to reference column
for that particular code to determine how many cells it needs to plac
the value from Column C in. I hope that made sense. Is this possible
Perhaps with a tweak to what was posted before? Thanks again for you
help so far.

Tro

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Hi Trot,

Assuming that the numbers in your column B are not too
high, you may try the following

1. Name your range, where the basic date is in,
as "myRange" (e.g. a1:c5)

2.Assuming your lookup data is in F5, enter the following
formula

in G5:
=IF($F5="","",IF(VLOOKUP($F5,myRange,2,FALSE)0,VL OOKUP
($F5,myRange,3,FALSE),""))

in H5
=IF($F5="","",IF(VLOOKUP($F5,myRange,2,FALSE)1,VL OOKUP
($F5,myRange,3,FALSE),""))

in I5
=IF($F5="","",IF(VLOOKUP($F5,myRange,2,FALSE)2,VL OOKUP
($F5,myRange,3,FALSE),""))

etc. until the highest possible number for column B ir
reached.

Not very elegant, but it works for me.

Best regards

Wolf

I appreciate the replies. However, I still need

additional guidance. I
now know I might not have been as clear as I could have

been in
describing what I wanted.

The VLOOKUP sounds like what I need for this. I had used

it elsewhere
in the workbook and it never crossed my mind to use it

there for some
reason. The sheet with the list of codes has 3 columns

on it.
Column A -- the various letter codes (i.e. A, B, C, D

etc.)
Column B -- the number of cells I need the value in

Column C to be
entered (i.e. 1,2,3,4 etc.)
Column C -- the value to be entered (i.e. 5,000,000)

So, after I enter the letter code, I need VLOOKUP to

reference column B
for that particular code to determine how many cells it

needs to place
the value from Column C in. I hope that made sense. Is

this possible?
Perhaps with a tweak to what was posted before? Thanks

again for your
help so far.

Trot

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Wolf.

That will do the trick. I just had to change the syntax slightly
taking out the 2nd and 3rd sets of quotes to get it to work. Thanks t
Wolf and the others that assisted me.

Tro