Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default My Three Wishes

Hi,

*First.* I want to format a range of cells (sheet1 B8:K22) so that whenever
a cell in the range is clicked the colour format,of the partial row the cell
relates to, is changed.
e.g I click on cell D8 and the cells D8:K8 change colour.
If I click on a new cell in a different row then I want the previous
selected row to return to its original colour.

*Second.* When I double click on any cells in the range B8:B22 on my
worksheet (sheet1) I want user form1 to initiate with the text from the cell
I double clicked transposed to combobox1 on my userform. Rob van Gelder
kindly provided a code to achieve this with another worksheet I have. It
works perfectly for that worksheet but I can't seem to get it to work on
this one. I'll post the code at the end of this message.

*Third.* When I select a value from my combo box1 on user form1 I want the
cell the selection refers to (Range=Sheet1 B8:B22 ( + the next 9 cells
across)) highlighted with a colour change or similar. With all of these cell
"highlights" I want the format to return to the original when a new
selection is made.

Regards
gregork

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Dim frm As UserForm2

Set frm = New UserForm2

frm.ComboBox1.AddItem Target.Value

With frm.ComboBox1: .ListIndex = .ListCount - 1: End With

frm.Show

Set frm = Nothing

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't ant much do you<vbg?

1.

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B8:K22")) Is Nothing Then
Range("B8:K22").Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
Range(Cells(Target.Row, "B"), Cells(Target.Row,
"K")).Interior.ColorIndex = 35

2.
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Dim frm As UserForm2
Dim i As Long

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B8:B22")) Is Nothing Then
Set frm = New UserForm2

For i = 8 To 22
frm.ComboBox1.AddItem Cells(i, "B").Value
Next i

With frm.ComboBox1: .ListIndex = .ListCount - 1: End With

frm.Show

Set frm = Nothing

3.
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
With ActiveSheet
Range("B8:K22").Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
Range(Range("B8")(Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex, 1), _
Range("B8")(Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex, 9)).Interior.ColorIndex = 38
End With

HTH

Bob Phillips

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many thanks Bob your comprehensive reply was much appreciated. I have a few
glitches I'm trying sort out:

1. When I click outside the range specified the format remains changed.

2. The double click event is working but the text from my sheet is not
transposing.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards
gregork

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1.
Move the following line up so it is before the If statement:
Range("B8:K22").Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone

2.
Not sure what you mean by transposing...
Bob's code looks good.

Do you see a form appear?
Is your userform named UserForm2?
Is your combobox on UserForm2 named ComboBox1?
Tried deleting ComboBox1 then recreating it (ensure the new combo is called
ComboBox1)?

"gregork" wrote in message
[...]

=
38
End With

HTH

Bob Phillips

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Rob van Gelder" wrote in message
1.
Move the following line up so it is before the If statement:
Range("B8:K22").Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone

Thanks Rob, that requirement was a bit too subtle for me<g.

2.
Not sure what you mean by transposing...
Bob's code looks good.

Of course it does Rob, apart from putting in a loop to do them all, it's
your code<vbg.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gentlemen,
Thanks for your suggestions Rob.
1. After moving the line the code is working well.
2. Couldn't for the life of me work out why this wasn't working until I
realised the cells in the range B8:B22 were merged cells. I then tried Rob's
original code with the cells unmerged then threw in a bit of the new code
and "Bob's your uncle" it worked.
Many thanks Bob and Rob for your help.

Regards
gregork

*Here's the code I ended up with if it is of any interest:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Dim frm As UserForm2
Set frm = New UserForm2
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B8:B22")) Is Nothing Then
Set frm = New UserForm13