Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default help pls

Hi,

I am trying to run a macro from a workbook (book4.xls) which has a sheet
(230204). This macro do not works when I want this macro to manipulate data
in another workbook (test.xls). But the weird thing is this macro works in
test.xls when I run directly from the visual basic editor, it does not work
when I tried assigning this macro to a button in book4.xls.

Please advise, thanks.

Elsie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

first, you r subject "help" is not going to get a good
response. the subject should be some indication of the
problem area - look at other message sin the news group.

second, you give no example of the code, so we have no
idea what the issue is. we have to guess, and many of us
simply do not have the time for this.

As a guess, I would say that your code works on the
active workbook. since your button is on book4, then
book4 is active. when you switch to the book test, test
is active and the code seems to work.

try this...make the book calles test active and try to
run the code from the Tools/Macro/Macros menu

If this does not work, then please ask again and show us
the code.

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

.