Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deleting records ADO

Anyone familiar with deleting records using an ADO
Connection? I have an Excel template that sends data to
an Access database via ADO. I now need the ability to
find an existing record (I can do the find) via ADO and
delete it.

I can't install my ADO Help files so I am completely lost -
any idea why I can't install these files?

What I did find is rs.delete but I don't know what the
adAffectCurrent, adAffectAllChapters, adAffectGroup
choices mean.

Please help if you can.

Cindy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know next to nothing about ADO, but here are a few links that
provide info on ADO:

Deleting Records Using the Delete Method
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ingrecords.asp

ADO Programmer's Reference
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...sreference.asp

ActiveX Data Objects 2.8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...dooverview.asp

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

Anyone familiar with deleting records using an ADO
Connection? I have an Excel template that sends data to
an Access database via ADO. I now need the ability to
find an existing record (I can do the find) via ADO and
delete it.

I can't install my ADO Help files so I am completely lost -
any idea why I can't install these files?

What I did find is rs.delete but I don't know what the
adAffectCurrent, adAffectAllChapters, adAffectGroup
choices mean.

Please help if you can.

Cindy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This might be a help for getting data to and from Excel and Access: It
includes examples of using variables in SQL queries.
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html

Or you can get there from the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

It demonstrates how to use SQL in Excel's VBA to:

* create a database,
* create a table and add data to it,
* select data from a table,
* delete a table,
* delete a database.

DAO and ADO files available.

You can also download the demonstration file called "excelsql.zip".

The code is open and commented.

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins