Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to find the path where a .XLA is located

Hello All

I have a .XLA located on different PCs in different paths is there a
simple way of finding the location of the .xla.

This addin is installed by a 3rd party tool.

Thanks
Belinda
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Belinda, if the add-in is installed then

Msgbox workbooks("myaddin.xla").path

will return the path of the add-in if its name is myaddin.xla

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"Belinda" wrote in message
om...
Hello All

I have a .XLA located on different PCs in different paths is there a
simple way of finding the location of the .xla.

This addin is installed by a 3rd party tool.

Thanks
Belinda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many thanks.

But my problem is I know the name of my .xla it is called szelo.xla
but I do not know the path where this .xla is stored.

When I use the following syntax:

Msgbox workbooks("szelo.xla").path I get a error message subscript
out of range. Please note this addin is not registered in the Tools
Addin it is a 3rd party tool and there is a menu item to access this
..xla from the Start menu.

Is there a smart way of finding the path of this .xla from VBA by
searching the for this .xla and then finding its path and then opening
it.

Once, I have found what is the best way to store the path of this .xla
in he VBA for future references.

Thanks
Belinda