Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom exel functions

Does anyone know of good websites detailing mathematical functions
In particuar I would like to explore the code of the excel Sum, Average an count functions and how this is coded in relation to the range paramter

Regards

Mar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't believe there is a site that details how sum, average and count are
implemented in code - in any event, they are not written in VB, but rather
in either assembler or C/C++.

I would expect that
Average is defined as sum/count

which would be done with a loop as in the following pseudo code.

cnt = 0
tot = 0
for each cell in Range("A1:A10")
if isnumeric(cell) then
tot = tot + cell.Value
cnt = cnt + 1
end if
Next
Sum = tot
count = cnt
if cnt < 0 then
average = tot/cnt
end if
Tom Ogilvy

"Mark" wrote in message
Does anyone know of good websites detailing mathematical functions?
In particuar I would like to explore the code of the excel Sum, Average an

count functions and how this is coded in relation to the range paramter.

Regards,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mark,

You are joking. You think that MS are going to publish their code for the
world to see and copy?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips