Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help! Application Error _<

Hi Al

My colleague has passed a Excel program to me and I start developing in my computer.
After I have finished adding some code I passed it back to colleagues' machine but when they click on some buttons created before they got Application Error like
the instruction at "0x6504e339" referenced memory at "0x0000000c". the memory could not be "read"

The program can be ran on my machine well, but not the others. I bring it back home and it can still be ran sucessfully.
I doubt as the window version(2k professional) and excel version of my computer should be the same as my colleagues.

I search on google and they said it may be related to different privleges of the user opening the file
But it seems all of us are logged to the winodw system as Adminstrator.

Any ideas?
please help !
thx a lot!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Weiweiwei,

My colleague has passed a Excel program to me and I start developing in my computer.
After I have finished adding some code I passed it back to colleagues' machine but when they click on some buttons created before they got Application Error like:
the instruction at "0x6504e339" referenced memory at "0x0000000c". the memory could not be "read".

Two things to try:

1. Rob Bovey's code cleaner at www.appspro.com
2. On the other machine, try to open the workbook with macros disabled.
Check in the VBE of any references are marked missing (Tools, references)

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi Ja

thx a lo
I have ran the code cleaner and it seems the problem is solve

what is the magic of the code cleaner btw..

anyway million thx!

----- Jan Karel Pieterse wrote: ----

Hi Weiweiwei

My colleague has passed a Excel program to me and I start developing in my computer.
After I have finished adding some code I passed it back to colleagues' machine but when they click on some buttons created before they got Application Error like
the instruction at "0x6504e339" referenced memory at "0x0000000c". the memory could not be "read"

Two things to try

1. Rob Bovey's code cleaner at www.appspro.co
2. On the other machine, try to open the workbook with macros disabled.
Check in the VBE of any references are marked missing (Tools, references

Regards

Jan Karel Pieters
Excel MV
www.jkp-ads.co

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi WEIWEIWEI

thx a lot
I have ran the code cleaner and it seems the problem is solved

what is the magic of the code cleaner btw..?

When you edit code, the Visual Basic editordoes not do a good cleaning
job after itself. Codelines you ave deleted somehow remain "in the
background".

After a lot of editing, a lot of rubbish thus piles up, which Rob's
code cleaner removes.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
In addition to what Jan said :
If you have older version of excel, change the command button
"TakeFocusonClick" to false.
I had that kind of problem as well. To solve it (temporarily, because the
problem reappeared a few times), delete the button and create a new one with
the same name (it helped in my case). No explanation find so far, but the
problem dissapeared after a while.
Regards,

JY

Hi All