Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default best approach? or select last row before page break

Hi,
Now that I've got Row 16 auto adjusting to the necessary
height, my last row on page one, Row 54, is also moving
(of course!). The problem is this row is formatted with
a bottom border for aesthetic purposes (regular
formatting and conditional formatting). I tried to fix
this by deleting an equal number of rows as space added
to row 16 (If .RowHeight = 27 Then Rows(53).Delete and so
on). The problem with that is then the rest of the sub,
which hides select unused rows when printing, won't work
since the row numbers referenced for that will have
changed (and that change is variable).

So... now I'm thinking that in between adjusting row 16
and hiding unused rows while printing (yes, they're in
the same sub) if I can select whatever the last row is on
page one and then format it, things may work. Is this
even the best approach???

Of note, formatting for last row of page one applies to
columns A - K, with A - H as a merged cell.

My starting points:

activesheet.Hpagebreaks(1).location.Address

and/or

With Hpagebreaks(1).Location.Offset( _
-1, 0).EntireRow.Borders(xlBottom)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With

Of course, I don't want to apply the above to the entire
row. I also don't know what to do about the conditional
formatting which applies to the cell in column K.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.