Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default graph showing date and time of arrival on each date

I am trying to put together a graph that has an x axis that is the date by
day in consecutive order for one month. The y axis represents the time an
employee arrived. I can't seem to get it right. I also want the graph to
show days when the employee wasn't in at all in a different color than the
other days.
Is this possible?
Can someone walk me through the whole way to do this even if I can't do the
absent day part?
Thank you,
Rudy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rud

In the cells B1 - H1 put the dates from Jan 1 to Jan
In cell A2, enter the heading TIM
In cells B2 - H2 enter the times 0.354166666666667, 0.364583333333333, 0.3125, , 0.364583333333333, 0.3125, 0.375 and format the cells Time type 13:3
in Cell A3 enter the heading Not Here
IN Cells B3 enter the formula =IF(ISBLANK(B2),AVERAGE($B$2:$H$2),0) and copy across to H3. Format the cells Time, type 13:30

Select the range A1:H3, select the graph wizard and pick the graph type Column, Clustered Column, then finish. Double click on one of the data columns, then select Options, overlap 100

The graph should then show the absent dates in a different color

Ton

----- rudyeb wrote: ----

I am trying to put together a graph that has an x axis that is the date b
day in consecutive order for one month. The y axis represents the time a
employee arrived. I can't seem to get it right. I also want the graph t
show days when the employee wasn't in at all in a different color than th
other days
Is this possible
Can someone walk me through the whole way to do this even if I can't do th
absent day part
Thank you
Rud