Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel File size, when imported JPG images

Hi, I am trying to import JPG images in to an Image control
I have in my excel sheet. Even though the JPG is 60 KB in
size, when I import the image and save my excel, excel size
grows exponentially, to 4 MB. When I have 600 KB JPG, excel
size went to 17 MB. Can you tell if there is any way to
avoid this problem, why is this happening, is there any
property in the image control which can help to solve the
problem?

TIA
-G

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know if this is related, because it's independent of using Image
controls. In Excel 97 if you paste an image from an image editor, even
if it was a small JPG file, it would be pasted as a full bitmap. If you
use the Insert Picture and browse to the image file, you only add as
much to the workbook as the size of the image file. I don't know if it's
the same in later versions, because I don't work with images in the
worksheets much any more.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP