Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default help in writing a macro

I'm a newbie to VBA and I'm trying to write a macro hopefully some of guys
can help me out.

In this spreadsheet, I would have two worksheets: The main sheet (sheet 1),
and the sheet that only has a list of numbers (sheet 2).

Sheet 2 has a list of about 25 numbers going down column A ie: A1= 45100 ,
A2=45200, A3=64250, etc...

When I execute this macro, what it would do is go to cell B5 of Sheet 1,
then place the first value of the list of numbers from Sheet 2 into B5(Sheet
1), then perform a manual calculation (F9 key), and save the file with
filename of the text value in B5. After the save, it would loop back again
and advance to the 2nd value of the list of numbers..etc.. until the end of
the list.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me with this task.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sli

This should get you started

Ton

Sub aaa(
Sheets("sheet2").Selec
Range("a1").Selec
While Not IsEmpty(ActiveCell
Sheets("sheet1").Range("b5") = ActiveCell.Valu
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=ActiveCel

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Selec
Wen
End Su

----- slim wrote: ----

I'm a newbie to VBA and I'm trying to write a macro hopefully some of guy
can help me out

In this spreadsheet, I would have two worksheets: The main sheet (sheet 1)
and the sheet that only has a list of numbers (sheet 2)

Sheet 2 has a list of about 25 numbers going down column A ie: A1= 45100
A2=45200, A3=64250, etc..

When I execute this macro, what it would do is go to cell B5 of Sheet 1
then place the first value of the list of numbers from Sheet 2 into B5(Shee
1), then perform a manual calculation (F9 key), and save the file wit
filename of the text value in B5. After the save, it would loop back agai
and advance to the 2nd value of the list of numbers..etc.. until the end o
the list

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me with this task

macro writing dannyboy8 Excel Worksheet Functions 1 April 22nd 09 02:51 AM
Writing a macro RB[_2_] Excel Worksheet Functions 0 January 14th 08 05:40 PM
writing macro CN New Users to Excel 2 August 2nd 05 06:16 PM
Macro Writing Help? Richard[_22_] Excel Programming 2 December 31st 03 07:39 PM
Writing Macro Tammy Klein Excel Programming 1 October 3rd 03 09:13 PM