Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to add a macro with password protection

Hello
I am creating an excel file from vb 6.0. I can add a macro with n
problem, what I would like to do is add password proction to the macro
Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Checkout "how to unprotect a passwo. by Paul D just below
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Open up the VBA Editor and click on the project in the "Project
Explorer" (Ctrl+R" if it's not already open) . The project will have a
name like VBAProject(Book1) or something like that. On the main menu
go to Tools-VBAProject Properties (This will change if you changed the
name of your project, but it will be towards the bottom of the menu and
it will say "Properties"). When you do that a window pops up with two
tabs "General" and Protection". You want "Protection"... duh... Click
the checkbox that says lock project for viewing and enter a password in
the fields provided on the bottom of the window. After you've done
this you will not notice any difference until you close the project and
(try to) re-open it. - Pikus

---