Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Customised charting and data lookup

I have quite a complex problem that I have been unable to resolve, despite
spending some time on it myself. I realise this is quite a long post to the
group, but unfortunately I cannot be more concise, or make much more
progress myself.

If any of you have any help or suggestions that would be very much
appreciated. The situation is as follows:

In the workbook I have a worksheet ("Bespoke Charting") where users need to
be able to customise some benchmark information that is to be presented in a
simple bar chart. On this worksheet I have a set of 3 checkboxes (being
Firm1, Firm2 and Firm3), a further set of 3 checkboxes (being 2003, 2002,
2001), and a Listbox that contains 40 items (only a single item can be
selected in the Listbox at any one point in time).

The objective is that a user might choose to show, say, Gross Profit Margin
from the Listbox, and choose to show it for all firms and all years, or
perhaps only some firms but all years, or just a single firm for a single
year,... etc. etc. Having checked various boxes and selected the Listbox
item, the user then clicks a button to view their chosen analysis in the
simple bar chart to be shown on the same worksheet.

The underlying data is located in 5 detailed worksheets elsewhere in the
workbook: let's call these "Benchmarks #1", "Benchmarks #2", .... ,
"Benchmarks #5".

Within each of these detailed worksheets, the data is set out as follows:

Column X Column X+1 Column
X+2 Column X+3
Row Y Listbox title 2003
2002 2001
Row Y+1 Firm1
<-------------------data---------------
Row Y+2 Firm2
<-------------------data---------------
Row Y+3 Firm3
<-------------------data---------------

.... but these tables are located in a number of different places within each
of the 5 worksheets (8 tables in each worksheet, hence 40 Listbox items).

Is there a simple piece of code that sees what checkboxes have been ticked
and what Listbox item has been chosen, and then goes off into the 5
worksheets to find that Listbox title and returns a chart using the data
corresponding to the firms and years chosen? (recognising that once the
Listbox title is found, the data is always located according to the tabular
format shown)

I appreciate this is asking a lot - so any assistance really would be VERY
much appreciated!!!

Cheers

Mike